targeting a specific area.
Localised Cryotherapy or spot sessions target specific areas of discomfort or an area of concern for the client. Spot sessions reduce inflammation within the targeted area in a short amount of time, sessions last anywhere from 4 to 8 minutes. The session aims to act on the body’s natural response to begin self-healing.
* Relieves pain
* Stops inflammatory response
* Drains haematomas and oedema due to its vasomotor effect
* Triggers immediate muscular relaxation
We have two different settings for our localised spot sessions. The two settings are for acute and chronic areas of concern.
A technique we use for acute injuries sustained within the first 72hours, is a session using a Thermal Shock protocol which is 2 minutes of heat and 2 minutes cold.
For chronic injuries we use our localised device for 6-8minutes on the targeted area of concern.
We aim to assist in:
* Reducing inflammation, swelling, pain and muscle tension
* Shortening injury recovery time
* Reducing delayed onset muscle soreness
* Raising pain threshold
* Boosts lymph draining and blood circulation
* Improves joint mobility
* Tendonitis, tennis elbow and post dislocation discomfort
* Relieving joint pain associated with neck, upper and lower back
Main Advantages of localised cryotherapy:
* Immediate results
* Non invasive
* Alternative to drug administration
* Comfortable for the client
*Results may vary depending on each individual.